Community Cuisine Labor Day 2015 from Daniel Hirtz on Vimeo. Watch as people come in, help to setup community dinner, learn about our cause and the food we prepared for that week, get food and sit down to eat together and then take it all down. Thanks Seti Gershberg for making this amazing time lap movie at Sharing Kitchen Phoenix.
Imagine being able to enjoy delicious, locally grown organic food in the company of amazing people and you pay for your meal based on your means. This is a great way to try out our food… You will experience a large variety of gourmet vegetarian foods and great company! Dinner is served between 6 and 6:15 pm 🙂
- You may contribute monetarily
- You may contribute by working… Please talk to us
- You may be able to pay it forward and contribute to helping someone else eat
- You may not be ready to do any of the above.. And you are welcome
“Food is our common ground, a universal experience. “ -James Beard
“If you really want to make a friend, go to someone’s house and eat with him… the people who give you their food give you their heart. “ -Cesar Chavez
Our Community Dinner is the beginning of a larger vision, one that will manifest as a “Pay As You Can” restaurant in Phoenix. This vision draws together the elements of healthy vegetarian food, social justice and community building. There are so many people who are facing economic challenges at this time, often affecting their ability to provide themselves with nutritious and healthy food. Our restaurant will be a very proactive way of ensuring that all in our community are well nourished:
- We are dedicated to being a part of the solution to eliminate hunger in Phoenix
- We are dedicated to serving local organic unprocessed food
- We are dedicated to feeding and including all members of our community
- We are dedicated to eliminating waste in the food industry
to let us know you are coming. That way there will be plenty of food for all. We are always looking for volunteers that help us to setup and clean up. Please click here to volunteer at one of our upcoming events.
Directions (click here for a Google maps link):
Watch this video from a community dinner with Percy Schneider who talked about GMOs in our food put on by GMO Free AZ and the Fusion Foundation ________________________________________________________________